Thursday, January 12, 2012

When did humidifiers get so complicated?

When I was a kid my mom would plug the humidifier in my room at night, it would make a huge amount of noise and that was the end of it. So I hadn't given much thought to purchasing one when the doctor recommended I get one for my 2 month old. So I ended up standing in Babies R' Us at 8:30 last night staring at a wall of humidifiers. Warm mist, cool mist, hot mist, filter required, no filter required, $49.99, $89.99, $169.99 what???
I finally settled on the Crane Cool Mist Humidifier. Why? Well, it didn't require the filter I would forget to buy when it came time to replace the one the that came with it. It was reasonably priced - because I didn't feel my humidifer needed to operate via remote, control the exact percentage of humidity in a room or program the clock on my cable box. And, I thought it was cute. And since I'm a girl that still matters.
We ran it last night and I think it made a difference. The baby didn't cough as much...although maybe she is just getting better. Either way the baby seems better, I got about 4 hours uninterupted sleep and we now own a cold mist humidifer. Now if I could only set the clock on my cable box.

No comments:

Post a Comment