Thursday, January 12, 2012

Did I mention how much I hate grocery shopping?

I'm an avid Peapod user. Let's be honest shall we.... Who in their right mind would find taking two little kids shopping for food therapeutic?

The experience consists of one child tossing food you don't want into the shopping cart while the younger of the two constantly screams to get out of the shopping cart as you frantically navigate up and down each aisle.

Then you dodge the glaring stares of your fellow shoppers that are clearly asking themselves "What is that woman thinking bringing those two kids in here?" As if it were a day at the spa and they were trying to quietly meditate while choosing between Jiff and that other brand of peanut butter.

I glare back with an expression that says, "What, like you've never been in my shoes over here?"

Well for whatever reason I decided to skip my online order of convenience and immerse myself into the Stop & Shop plunge.

As I commute home, I'm dreading the idea of having to place each item in the cart as I race up and down the aisles, and of course back track because I forgot baby wipes or bananas.

At least I can scan all my items with the scan it! app on my iPhone. This is a brilliant invention! I thought the gun was great. But this puppy let's you immediately start shopping. No more standing at the kiosk trying to scan your S&S card anymore (took me at least 3-4 times because the dam thing is transparent). You get coupons directly on your phone, and the discount is subtracted instantly. NO SCANNING COUPONS ;0) AND I can track my spending!

Best part, I can put my loot right in the bags in the shopping cart. No longer do I have to take each item out one at a time and put it on that nasty looking conveyer belt. Nor do I have to stand there and listen to the cashier and bag boy chat about how they partied it up in the woods last night, and how wasted they got.... leaving me longing for the day where it took me two seconds to fly out of the house and head to my destination.

Nope, I scan the barcode at the self check out, swipe my card, pay and leave.... I even get extra gas points for using my iPhone vs the scan gun. A true win win!

Well, a true win win would be the driver delivering the groceries to my door and plopping them on the counter.... SO WORTH THE $$$$

Anywho, I digress. Point clearly stated.... I HATE GROCERY SHOPPING. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment