Thursday, January 19, 2012

Moms DO NOT get sick, they suck it up!

So I have a bump in my jaw containing fluid that is trapped between my throat and my ear. My nose constantly runs, so at least I know the bump is draining.

My throat is scratchy and my ears are crackling. And my head feels like it is disconnected and floating above my shoulders.

Now, if my husband felt the way I do right now, he'd be in bed. He wouldn't be able to watch the kids because he'd be sleeping all day. I would be bringing him cold medicine and tissues and ensuring he had plenty of fluids.

However, I'm the one who is fighting a nasty head cold. I still get up and get the kids ready for school, I still make their lunch, I still go to work, I still come home and make dinner, I still give the kids their baths and get them ready for bed. I do the laundry, and pick up the clutter around the house.

I bring myself cold medicine and tissues. AND I'm the one who makes sure that I drink plenty of fluids. All without skipping a beat.

Because after all, I'm a Mom. I'm not really as sick as I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment