Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Nap Debate

We did the Ferber method in our house with our son. It was a brutal 2 weeks of "crying it out" but it worked and we now have a little boy who sleeps 11 hours a night straight through (barring the full diaper, bad dream, loud noise). However my husband who is a stay at home dad, never used the Ferber method with nap time. He would try to sooth our son into sleep...something that never worked at night and usually resulted in him not going down for a nap. I on the other hand look at the clock and say oh you've been up for 4 hours and your getting a little fussy...nap time!

I give him a bottle and then put him in his crib. Where he screams to high heaven while my husband gives me dirty "see I told you he's not tired looks". Then 3-5 minutes later, silence. He has fallen asleep.

There is no right or wrong way to put kids down for a nap...each child is different. And no one ever wins our debates. Except maybe our son. Who gets his nap everyday...one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment