Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Value of the Early Morning

I am not a morning person.  Never have been.  Left to my own devices I would happily sleep until noon on the weekends.  But my kids love the mornings.  The earlier the better. And so now I too wake up before 6 to change diapers, retrieve children from their respective rooms and start the day.  Here's the win: before work today I:
  • got both kids up and changed
  • settled my son on the couch with his blanket and milk while I fed his sister
  • engaged both children with the same toy and watched them almost play together
  • made french toast with my son (he helped to stir and add the cinnamon and nutmeg)
  • sat at the table like a grown up and ate the french toast with both kids
  • snuggled with my daughter while my son colored
all before 8am.  I had no guilt about working today.

No comments:

Post a Comment