Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Torn between Me, Myself, and I

"Me" as Mommy, "Myself" at work and "I" as a Wife. These three people equal one chaotic, messy, crazed, individual. Sometimes I feel brief moments of smooth sailing... and in the blink of an eye the seas get rough.

I love being a Mom. It totally has it's moments when I want to scream high shrieks into my pillow and rip out my hair. BUT, that being said the pros totally out weigh the cons when it comes to having kids. I can't help but love my girls to little bits and pieces!

Then there is myself at work. I don't excel at much, however, I am damn good at my job. I get a certain satisfaction from what I do. Work is something in my life that is just mine. A place where they call me by name and don't scream "Mommy" while climbing me like a jungle gym. A place where I am simple me.

And after the kids are clothed, fed, and loved... After my tasks at work are completed and my clients are happy... at the end of the day I am still a wife who loves her hubby. It takes all that I have left to keep my eyes open as we share the details of our day. Most times I don't even remember falling asleep as we snuggle. That being said, we still start and end our day together.

My life is certainly chaotic. Rushing around the house getting everyone ready in the morning, running from a meeting to a school field day or play, and then being home at the end of the day to hear everyone's adventures over a "thrown" together dinner...
I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, who else gets to be three people in one and still be declared legally sane?

No comments:

Post a Comment